We suggest pricing your items at 1/3 -1/2 of the retail price depending on the name, brand, and condition. Remember shoppers are looking for bargains. Price to sell!!
For a higher selling percentage consider making your items discounted on Saturday.
All of your items must be priced in $0.50 increments with nothing lower than $1.00
First create an account by registering as a consignor. You will be asked for your name, address and email, then you will choose a password and be assigned a Consignor ID number (write these down!).
Sort your items by gender and size before you sit down to enter them online. This will save you a LOT of time! The system remembers all previous information entered except price, so by having them sorted you can take advantage of the pre-filled fields and re-enter only price and description fields.
These are the steps to filling out your tags!
1. Choose sale- Kansas Kids Closet/Sale Name/Year
2. Price- Select price by using drop-down menu
3. Discount- Choose yes if you want your items to discount on Saturday.
4. Donate- Choose yes if you want your unsold items to be donated at the end of the sale. Items marked "Donate" will automatically be discounted on Saturday.
5. Size- Choose size from drop down menu. For toys and non-sized item please choose "blank".
6. Description- Type description of item. Be aware that capital letters take up more room than lowercase. You don't want to take up more space than what's allowed and have to reprint tags. TIP: Put the brand in the first field and the type of item in the second!
7. Category- Choose which category your item falls into. This is for internal use only. It will not be printed on tag.
8. Click "Add Item" or click "Enter" to add your item to the system. It will be added to the bottom of the screen and will automatically be saved!
If you make an error or need to correct an item, you can either click "Edit Item" or go to the Manage Inventory Tab.
If you remove an item from your account, the system will delete this item permanently and you will have a break in your numbered items. If you want to keep track of exactly how many items you are selling, you may choose to just "Edit" this item instead.
Please note: If the system remains idle for 15-20 minutes, it will time out. Don't worry! Your items are still in the database and can be accessed via the Manage Inventory Screen.
Print tags on WHITE cardstock paper, if possible. Regular paper makes your barcode harder to scan.
Please use a printer with normal toner. No dot matrix printers.
If you have a color print please use the "black cartridge only" setting.
Select the items you want to print. Clink in the box next to the item or click "Check All". You may choose to conserve paper and print in increments of 8 as we have 8 tags to a page.
Adjust your printing format to Landscape (horizontal).
Once printed your tags should be approximately 2.5 inches wide X 4 inches high.
Test print one page to make sure your tags print correctly! Make sure your barcodes are crisp and clean or they will not scan at check out! If your barcodes are blurry try reprinting at a lower quality.